Monday, March 21, 2011

My Tooth

I went to the dentist today. It was not fun. They took out one of my baby teeth because there was an abscess above it and a very bad cavity in it. It was not fun. The dentist did not tell me what he was going to do. I realized what he was going to do as he was doing it. It was not fun. When I got home, I started to cry, which was very embarrassing, if that makes sense. It kept bleeding at home. We went and dropped off my sister at school, and then we went to Safeway and got some food. We needed soft food because I couldn't chew that well. When I got home, for the rest of the day I watched movies and ate popsicles and oranges. That part was fun. It doesn't hurt any more. I have the tooth in a box that the dentist gave to me. The dentist also gave me a coin, and I put it in a machine and a small toy dog came out. That was fun, too.

4 comments:

  1. Ava, hello! I'm so sorry you had to experience the dentist's chair recently, and have all that pain! I completely understand your tears afterwards. I was twice your age and had to have a surgery at the dentist to help with all the sore throats I was getting, which was called having a "tonsillectomy." It was not fun. Not at all. I cried in bed for 9 days and ate ice cream and tried to focus my attention on movies, yet it was extremely difficult.

    I too, didn't know what was happening, until it WAS happening. Sometimes learning comes that way though. In the moment.

    Did you know that your very own mother used to work at a dentist's office? She was the lady who helped out with a little bit of everything and anything, she was the nice person who gave you permission to get a treat from the box of toys or the machine full of plastic animals...! What a strange job, isn't that? To be an assistant spreading joy in a place which, overall, causes a lot of pain and worry?

    I miss you, and love you. I know you will feel better soon. Trust your mom, even when she takes you to strange and uncomfortable places, like this recent trip, to the Dentist.

    Hugs and kisses,
    your aunt Airyka
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked this blog post, Ava! I learned that even on days that are mostly not fun, you can still have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a hard day. You did find a few good things you liked. That was lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I was lucky too.Thank you for the comment.

    ReplyDelete